Grace Mission University is authorized under Federal Law to enroll non-immigrant alien students and to issue Certificates of Eligibility (Form I-20) enabling students to enter the U.S. with a student visa (F-1). GMU faculty and staff will help students adjust to academic life in the U.S., particularly if English is the student’s second language.
- Complete the application form (available in the Office of Admissions) and submit it together with the $50 (non-refundable) application fee to the Office of Admissions. $20 (non-refundable) Mailing Fee will be charged if it is not picked up by student)
- Submit a financial statement.
- An official transcript must be submitted for issuance of an I-20. Transcripts from international institutions of higher education may require a course credit recommendation by a recognized evaluation service selected by the University. A non-refundable foreign transcript evaluation fee of $150 must accompany the admissions application.
- Once an application and all supporting documents have been received by the Office of Admissions, approximately three to four (3-4) weeks should be allowed for processing. To receive the earliest consideration, an applicant requiring an F-1 Visa should submit an application and supporting documents according to the following academic schedule:
- The Office of Admissions will issue letters of acceptance to applicants who have completed satisfactorily all requirements. Form I-20 A-B will be sent to international students.
* GMU will not issue a Certificate of Eligibility (Form I-20) until the student has been admitted and has been financially certified by the University.
- Students must report to school within seven (7) days after arriving in the U.S. or the I-20 will be void.
An F-1 student must remain in attendance at the university that issued the I-20 form a minimum of two semester before transferring to another school. A student wishing to transfer at the end of a semester must apply during that semester since the BCIS requires sixty (60) days approval before the transfer.
ICE Student and Exchange Visitor Information System (SEVIS)
Map of SEVIS Approved Schools http://www.ice.gov/sevis/map/ca.htm
Approved Schools list (pdf) http://www.ice.gov/doclib/sevis/pdf/ApprovedSchools.pdf